Owners and Investors
American West Property Management is more than a full service Idaho residential property management company.
- We are a real estate company specializing in leasing and management of residential rental property.
- We have licensed individuals that are employed by us through the Idaho Real Estate Commission and are dedicated professionals.
- We have given peace of mind to ADA and CANYON County homeowners and investors for over 12 years.
Property management is a highly specialized, multi-faceted sector of the real estate profession. The primary function of the property manager is to achieve the objective of the property owner while preserving and increasing the value of the investment property and maximizing its income.
Our commitment is to generate the greatest possible net income for the owner/investor over the life of that property. Two keys to achieving this goal are our excellent maintenance program and our ability to focus on screening and obtaining quality tenants. We serve two customers, our clients and our tenants. We strive to achieve the owner's goals while providing quality housing for residents in our properties, with emphasis on excellent personal service.
At American West Property Management, we are often called upon to act as market analysts, advertising executives, salespersons, accountants, marketing directors, diplomats, marriage counselors, legal advisors, maintenance engineers and janitors. We do just about everything regarding rental property. This allows us to do what we do best…Full Time Professional Property Management.
The best residential management services would be wasted on empty properties. We employ an aggressive marketing and renewal program that maximizes rental increases and eliminates vacancy time. Our 98% occupancy rate for company-managed properties and excellent tenant retention record demonstrates the success of our overall management program. Our management fees are reasonable and competitive.
You, the owner, will appreciate the professional and competent manner in which we manage the details of your rental property ownership. After all, your income property is a business - and it should be treated as such and managed by licensed professionals with a track record of success. With American West Property Management, You will see cost effective and simple results. Results that mean profits to you. Good Property Management doesn't cost, it Saves!
We are your ADA and CANYON Counties Property Manager. If you would like additional information, or we may be of service to you in any way, you can reach us by e-mail, Fax or give us a call. Our office hours are 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM weekdays Mountain Standard time, and Saturday by appointment only.
If you own rental property, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you forced to keep up with the ever-changing fair housing laws and other legislation regarding tenancy, including lead-based paint and toxic mold policies?
- Are you concerned about the possibility of a tenant suing you...and winning?
- Do you have to deal with the collection of rents, late payments, and bounced checks?
- Do you dread confrontation with tenants, trying to convince them to take care of the property better or start paying their rent on time?
- Do you cross your fingers, hoping that you won't have to deal with the move-out / advertising / move-in process that occurs between tenants?
- Do you struggle with the process of advertising and showing your vacant home, interviewing tenants, taking applications, and running credit and background checks?
- Do you sometimes feel that you spend all of your time collecting checks, paying vendors, and performing all of the accounting necessary on your rental?
Here are some of the things American West Property Management's Full Service Guarantee does for you:
- Keep on top of regional, state, and federal landlord/tenant law and legislative issues facing property owners and tenants.
- Track vacancy rates, vacancy factors, time-on- market, and rent values for the area, and effectively market your home with print and the Internet.
- Create and maintain relationships with qualified vendors, including painters, roofers, electricians, plumbers, appliance repairmen, handymen, and more.
- Provide appropriate rental/lease applications and forms that, along with a consistent screening process, ensure the highest quality tenants while conforming to all applicable laws.
- Provide a lease agreement that covers your property well, collect and account for rents, and confront tenants to enforce the terms of the lease.
- Perform complete accounting for your property, to ensure a maximum return on your investment and optimum tax benefit.
This sets us apart from other property management companies:
- Personalized, attentive service with thorough communication.
- Expert knowledge of the industry and local real estate market.
- Experience dealing with all kinds of property and tenancy issues.
- Established relationships with local services providers of all types.
- Thorough tenant screening procedures.
- Weekly and monthly property audits.
Please read our Owners' FAQ for answers to the questions that prospective clients often ask.